Work Advancement Project! (WAP!)
- What is it?
- Who is it for?
- Key Features?
WAP! is suitable for ex-offenders or individuals from low-income families with difficulties sustaining employment.
WAP! is specially designed for individuals who:
• Experience inconsistent job history
• Have difficulties sustaining work
• Have difficulties adapting to workplace norms and culture
• Lack confidence to take on new tasks and responsibilities
• Face challenges managing interpersonal relationships and conflicts
• Lack employment experiences to advance in their work
WAP! deploys a training-coaching framework to support our beneficiaries in their jobs. The programme consists of two key components:
(1) skills training to equip individuals with the skills and knowledge to
manage workplace challenges and;
(2) group-based coaching to address individuals’ real-world issues and
apply skills to overcome challenges
WAP! typically consists of 4 WSQ approved employability skills modules
conducted over a period of 4 to 6 months. Each module consists of a 2-days
training and 2 to 3 coaching sessions. The schedule, duration and packages will
be customised to meet the profile and needs of the population.
Through a series of training workshops and coaching sessions, WAP! aims to support our beneficiaries to attain the following outcomes.
• Adjust and adapt to workplace norms and cultures
• Build confidence in taking on new job roles and tasks
• Manage interpersonal relationships and conflicts at the workplace
• Improve social-emotional control to excel at work
• Increase adaptability to changes in the work environment
• Find purpose in engaging with employment
How WAP! can help your staff or beneficiaries
We customise our training programme to meet your needs.
Our Programme Journey
How we work with you
Connect with us
Reach out to us to let us know your problem.
We consult you to help us better understand the needs of your beneficiaries or employees.
We seek your inputs in customising WAP! to better meet the needs of your beneficiaries or employees.
We present to you the programme structure and content. We communicate the programme to your stakeholders, staff, beneficiaries and funders.
We work with you to implement the programme for your beneficiaries or employees.
We conduct periodic evaluation, and report the finding and outputs to you and your stakeholders.