Goh Wai Fu (Social Worker/Enterpreneur)
I am an accredited social worker who believes that any change begins with taking the first step, one small step at a time. My philosophy towards social work practice is that social work necessitates the worker to learn beyond one’s disciplines to effect changes both at the individual and the system level.
My life motto that has served me well
- Be congruent to have consistency in personal life and professional work
- Making a difference begins with one small step at a time,
- You do things and do it great so that one day you can tell a great story
- The dots will connect if you believe in your choices and stay true to them
- Success don’t mean greatness. Consistency leads to success, and greatness will come eventually
My Professional Accolades
MSocWork, 2018, NUS, BSocSc, 2010, 2nd Upper Hons, Double Majors (Sociology, Social Work), NUS
- Professional certificates and affiliation
Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), 2017, IAL Registered Social Worker (RSW-2092), 2019, SASW
- His Experiences
- His Niche
- His Aspirations
About Wai Fu
I summoned all the courage I had and left corporate culture behind in 2018 to pursue my belief. The belief that I could do more from within the community.
This courage was inspired by clients whom I have worked with, who have taken the courage to embrace new challenges that awaits them as they left the bars behind. As I prepare my clients to embrace change, shouldn’t I be practicing what I preach, and be more daring to leave my own comfort zone to pursue my dreams?
With that, I dived into the community and co-founded the social enterprise, Blended Concept, in 2019. I now find new meaning working closely with community stakeholders to design social programmes to close service gaps. Never looked back since.
- Husband to a loving wife
- Father to an adorable newborn son
- Proud owner of 4 manja cats
- Used to play rugby and trying to reconnect with sports
- Loves travelling and always curious about my relationship with my wife